From sleep to working to simply trying to enjoy a relaxing evening with your family, back pain can significantly affect your quality of life and your ability to perform your usual activities. While some back issues can leave you feeling weak or even hopeless, chiropractic care can provide significant relief in most cases. The more you understand what’s causing your issues and work with a good back pain chiropractor to address them, the more comfortably and actively you’ll be able to live. Causes of back pain can include:
- Traumatic Injuries
- Overuse Injuries
- Poor Posture
- Overly Tight Muscles, Joints and Ligaments
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spinal Stenosis
- Leg Length Inequality
Getting Back to Normal
The doctors at Hosmer Chiropractic Health are leading back pain specialists in the Portland area. They combine a variety of treatment techniques with education about your condition to help you maintain a healthy back. We perform a thorough evaluation for each injury or condition you’re struggling with to make sure we understand the cause of your pain and how it is impacting your lifestyle. Our treatments for back pain may include:
- Manual therapy—Occasional adjustments, combined with soft tissue rehabilitation, designed to restore normal movement and position of vertebrae.
- Soft tissue rehabilitation—Noninvasive therapies designed to return tight or damaged soft tissues in the back and neck to regular motion, including massage therapy, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, stretching, and strength and range-of-motion exercises.
- Home care—Personalized programs that are designed to help speed recovery and improve posture. We provide postural education and active range of motion exercises as well as education for the use of ice packs and nutritional supplements that may be helpful.
Testimonial: Back Pain
“I have always struggled with pain and tightness in my lower back … Dr. Hosmer was able to not only relieve the tension, but pinpoint the cause of the issue in my tight hamstrings and hips. He then gave me the tools to help prevent these [muscles] from causing problems in the future. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. He is passionate about what he does and is a great educator.”
Working with Insurance
Hosmer Chiropractic Health works with many insurance companies. We are happy to verify your chiropractic health benefits with your provider before your initial treatment. Visit our insurance information page for more details.